If you want your truck to look great and at the same time be protected and mount areas for wrenches and auxiliary lights, then you should consider fixing a grille guard. When you are driving on mountains and rural areas, it is easy to have trees along the road trails, or wildlife like deer to run in front of your truck when you are driving which cause damage to bumper, headlights, grille, and even the radiator.
A grille that is quality is designed in order to absorb and deflect this energy and impacts in order to reduce the damage to your vehicle and protect you. When you have the grille on your truck, it is likely going to give your truck a tough and unique look.
Comparison Of Truck Grille Guard
1. Tyger Auto TG-GD6T60028 Front Bumper Guard
2. Westin 57-2505 HDX Black Grille Guard
3. Westin 57-3555 HDX Black Grille Guard
Dodge Ram 2500/3500
4. Ranch Hand GGC08HBL1 Legend Grille Guard
Chevy Silverado 1500
5. Tyger Auto TG-GD6T60037 Front Bumper Guard
6. AUTOSAVER88 3" Bull Bar Compatible
7. TOPFIRE"Fury Grill" Replacement Grill
Complete Truck Grille Guard Reviews
1. Best for Toyota Tacoma
Tyger Auto front bumper guard TG-GD6T60028 might be the best grille guard for Toyota Tacoma. It will give your vehicle a protection on the front that is tough and make it look unique among the many on the road.
It comes with pre-welded light mount channel which you can place optional LED light mounts and two mounting holes that are pre-drilled if you need to relocate the license plate. The kit includes all mounting hardware and one bumper, and a manual for your DIY.
It is strong since it is made from heavy-duty 2.5-inch tubing frame and has an e-coating texture black finish that is durable for a customized look and rust resistance. It has seamless welding for a structure that will be sturdy. The installation is an easy bolt on and it comes with a 5-year warranty that protects it against any manufacturers defects.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty against manufacturers defects
- It is sturdy
- The instructions are easy to understand
- It is easy to install
- No cutting or drilling during installation
- It rusts easily
- Side adjustment plates fade easily
2. Best for Ford F150
If you are looking for an extremely heavy duty protection for your front end of your Ford F150, then Westin grille guard 57-2505 could do the job. It comes with a lifetime warranty on the finish which is stainless steel and a 3-year warranty on the finish which is black powder coat.
I installed it and it is really putting a barrier between me and many road mishaps. I like it because it is custom made for my Ford F150 and features a full punch plate center grille and 2-inch tubular design. The package also includes one piece welded uprights, rubber pads that are heavy duty and headlights guards that are full wrap around.
It will give you a rugged look. When it comes to installation, it easily bolts up for a quick installation. You have a choice between a black powder coated mild steel finish and a polished stainless steel finish.
- You have a choice between a polished stainless steel finish and a black powder coated mild steel finish.
- It is sturdy
- It will give your truck a rugged look
- Comes with a lifetime warranty on the stainless finish and a 3-year warranty on black powder coat finish.
- Easy to install
- Instructions not clear
- Meant for only one vehicle type
3. Best for Dodge Ram 2500/3500
If you are looking for a grille guard to give your truck a rugged look, then the Westin grille guard might the one you should go for. My father bought it for his Dodge Ram 350 and it looks great.
It is constructed of powder-coated steel, has a full punch plate grille, and heavy-duty wraparound wings which offers maximum protection. It also contains rubber coated uprights to protect the grille guard from damage.
Since he fixed it on his truck, it has a custom fit and it fully protects the truck’s front end leaving it looking great. It will deter scratches, chips, and dents from your bumper, headlights, and grille, as well as act as a brush guard for your off-road adventures.
For additional protection, the one piece welded uprights are coated in rubber that is heavy duty. It is made of a larger diameter with attractive lines and tubing wraps that are contoured around the front end for a coverage that is superior. For factory grille, the punch plate insert provides full coverage protection.
The headlights are shielded by the guard bars on the wraparound wings. The steel black powder coat is durable and resists corrosion. When it comes to installation, it is easy as you will only need to do a bolt-on installation.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty
- The additional protection provided by the welded uprights which are coated in rubber
- The punch plate insert provides full coverage protection
- It gives the truck a rugged look
- It has brush guards for your off-road adventures
- Bolts not long enough and one has to replace them with the right size
- Not worth the price
4. Best for Chevy Silverado 1500
If you own a Chevy Silverado 1500, then a Ranch hand grille guard GGC08HBL1 might be what you are looking for. It might just give your truck a customized look while at the same time, provide it with excellent front end protection.
It is an angled center pipe meaning, you will get extra center support. It is a one-piece grille guard that provides more durability and thus, the chances of rusting are minimal. Its wraparound design ensures that your truck headlight is protected. When it comes to installation, there will be no need for drilling, making it be easy to install.
For a tight fit, you will mount it directly to the frame giving it the highest level of strength. The finish will integrate well with your other exteriors as it is a beautiful black powder.
- The finish is made of a black powder.
- Headlight protection offered by the wraparound loop design.
- Additional center support due to the angled center pipes.
- It mounts directly to the frame giving it a tight fit.
- Mor durability and less rust due to one piece grille guard.
- Not easy to install
5. Best for Toyota Tundra
If you own a Toyota Tundra, Tyger Auto front bumper guard TG-GD6T60037 you might just settle for. It will give your Toyota Tundra a tough protection and at the same time, make it unique. For optional LED light mounts, it has pre-welded light mounts channel which is optional.
It also comes with pre-drilled mounting holes which you can use to mount the license plate if you are relocating it. It is a US design with the kit including the DIY instructions and all the mounting hardware.
For a sturdy structure, it is made of 2.5 inches of strong tubing frame that is made of stainless steel marine grade with a seamless welding in a finish that is well polished for a customized look and rust resistance.
It has two pre-drilled mounting holes where you can place your license plate in case you want to relocate it. There is an optional light mount channel that is pre-welded for LED lights which is optional and the lights are not in the kit. The grille guard comes with a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Installation is easy as you just need to bolt-on.
- It comes with a DIY installation manual
- Made of marine grade stainless steel that is heavy duty
- A sturdy structure due to seamless welding.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty against materials and workmanship defects.
- No drilling during installation.
- Can only fit on 2007-2018 Toyota Tundra.
- Bad shipping.
6. Best For Dodge Ram 1500
If you own a Ram 1500, then the Autosave 88 front brush pusher grill guard for bumper might just do the job for you. It is a menacing and powerful grille guard that can withstand rough off road and fast on-road adventures.
Combined with the Ram 1500 which is a strong vehicle, you will not encounter any misadventure. The grille guard will be able to protect you from any mishaps. I have a friend James, who lives in Florida and likes adventuring. He owns a Ram 1500 and two months ago, he installed this particular grille guard and I talked to him to find out how the going is.
So far, he is finding it to be a blessing because it is offering his truck the protection he required.
- It is available in black and silver
- The frame tubing is 3-inch heavy duty.
- The design is outstanding.
- It is 100 percent bolt-on installation.
- Comes with a one year warranty against the defects of the manufacturer.
- It is not a one fit all trucks
- Made from cheap materials.
7. Best For Jeep Wrangler
Topfire grille guard for Jeep Wrangler might be one of the best grille guards in the market at the moment. The manufacturer ensures that you have a 30 days money back guarantee so that, in case you are dissatisfied in whichever way, you can contact them back for a refund or a replacement.
When you buy it, it will give your Jeep a wild new look. It comes with a functional air scoop which will help with cooling your engine. It is made from a fiber-reinforced polymer that is very strong. The finish is of a metallic luster meaning it will not delaminate, rust or corrode. The light impact will not affect it as it is tough enough to withstand it.
The installation is nondestructive and easy as all holes are aligned well and thus, no drilling. To fasten your Jeep, you can utilize the existing hinges and bolts. The package includes 10 air vents which offer great breathability.
- 30 days money back or replacement guaranteed.
- Comes with a one year warranty on manufacturer’s defects.
- Made from fiber reinforced polymer that is very strong.
- It comes with 10 air vents which offer great breathability.
- It has a functional air scoop to help with cooling your engine.
- It has to be painted professionally.
- Being a fiberglass, it has to be sanded and sealed
You will find grille guards in various finishes like chrome, gloss black, matte black, and others which match the color, style, and the theme which you want to have for your truck. You will also find them in various sizes and shapes which cover as much as you wish on your vehicle.
What this means is that, whether it is only the radiator, you want to cover or you want the entire full front end grille guard, you can install it in such a way that it will seem as if it is a factory accessory. When you fix a grille guard on your truck, it is going to help you to get a place to install other accessories that are useful, such as the wrench to help you when you are stuck or the auxiliary lights which will help you when you are driving off-road at night.
The Uses Of Grille Guard
1. Protecting Your Front End
Whether you are a daily commuter, off-road fanatic, or a daily commuter, your truck takes in a lot of abuse on a daily basis. Tree branches kicked up rocks, and stray shopping carts can threaten your grille, headlights, and bumper.
If you don’t have a grille guard, within no time, your brand new truck will start looking beat up and old. The grille guard sits in front of your grille in order to be able to absorb impacts that come from debris and rocks and you can even use it to push other vehicles at a speed that is low.
Some grille guards come with side sections which wrap around your headlights to allow blocking objects that are flying and preventing the lenses to crack. Every piece from the center uprights of the thick wall steel tubing is crafted from steel that heavy duty for impact resistance and maximum strength.
2. Grille Guard Toughens Up Your Style
When you get the right grille guard for your truck, you will definitely add a new aggressive off-road attitude to the face of your vehicle. It can give your truck a commanding presence on the road.
There are models which can give your truck front end protection and a design that is sleek. You can find them in black powdered coat finishes and polished stainless steel with the choice being yours. You will be able to achieve the look which you desire and match the other accessories like bed rails and nerf bars.
3. Mounting Accessories And Off-road Lights
The grille guard will outfit your truck with strength and style. They will also create a place to mount some other accessories. Most of the grill in the market is pre-drilled and thus, it will be easy for you to bolt on a set of auxiliary off-road lights.
If you want a heavy-duty winch and a front end protection for recovery and pulling needs, you can get them both in some of the stronger grille guards available on the market. Get one that has a built in winch mounting plate which accommodates most winches up to 9500 pounds without having to make modifications.
Read more: 7 Best Truck Winches in The Market To Pick
4. Easy Installation
Most of the grille guards that you will find in the market are easy to install with each customized for the specific truck to give you a perfect fit. Some are designed to mount on the existing holes on the frame of your truck and thus, you can bolt them directly to your truck without cutting, drilling or welding.
Things To Consider When Choosing a Grille Guard
When you fix a grille guard on a truck, it is likely going to look more tough, aggressive, and it might mean that you like spending more time in the mountains or off road. When you choose a grille guard finish which compliments, matches or contrasts your vehicle will change the character or the look of your truck.
Here are some of the things you will need to consider:
1. Grille Guard Styles
There are several types of grille guards available in the market which you will have to choose from depending on your taste and type of truck. Here are some of the styles you will come across
- Full grille guard: This type feature a pair of the center upright which will be able to mount on your frame and side brush guards that will wrap around and ensure that your headlights are covered.
They are heavy duty grille guards which will offer you the frontest end protection for your truck whether you are cruising around town or tearing up the trails. Due to the fact that, the brush guards are curving around your lights, this grille guard will be able to give you extra protection from side impacts and front end hazards.
- Center grille guard: If you are looking for a rugged front protection, without having a dominating wrap-around look offered by a full guard, then you can choose this center grille guard. They utilize the same middle upright design that is tough without having the side brush guards.
- Sports bars and nudged bars: If you are looking for grille guards that are lower than the center guards, then these are the right ones to consider. They will offer you low-speed impact protection. They will not offer protection for your headlights or grille.
- Skid plates: If you want off-road performance and toughness, then the skid plates could be the right one for your truck. They are capable of protecting your truck’s sensitive parts which are located under the front of your truck. It can be installed alongside other guards to ensure that your truck is given a high level of protection and style that is aggressive.
- Rear Bumper Guards: You need to protect the back of your vehicle too. Other drivers abuse your rear bumper not forgetting botched parallel parking jobs which you find yourself in. Instead of going for a new paint job every now and then, or replacing your bumper, you can go for the rear bumper guards.
- Tail light guards: If most of your time you spend off road, you will find that you will encounter some stubborn trees and narrow passes which will whip back and hit your vehicle. You will have to protect your tail lights which are as important as protecting your headlights. Keep your vehicle safe and legal while driving and let it be your priority as it will help in preventing being pulled over.
2. Front-end Coverage
It will depend on how much coverage you require from impacts and front end debris. If when you drive most of the time you are around your neighborhood, you can just get a simple protection from a grille guard.
But if most of the time you are off the road, or you face conditions that are rugged, like farms and construction sites, you are going to benefit from a grille guard of full frontal protection. Get one that will provide protection that is durable from scratches and impacts whether you spend most of the time climbing ladders or boulders.
You will need to ensure that the grille guard, which performs and look good. Whatever your style, there is a need to get a grille guard that is durable. If you want to get a bumper protection which is the more understated visual accent, you will need to choose a less-imposing grille guard.
You have choices when it comes to finishes, you will get them available in both polished stainless finishes and black powder coat. They are both designed to ensure that, they match with your other factory and aftermarket accessories on the exterior so that you maintain blacked out or blinged up look that you are looking for.
When you are looking around for a grille guard, you will need to remember that, there are other accessories which you are going to use on your truck. You might be needing a strong place where you will mount your winch and thus, go for a strong one that will accommodate a winch.
If you are looking for a great grille guard for your truck for your recreational or professional activities, you can choose from the various which I have reviewed here. If your vehicle is not mentioned here, then check on Amazon and you will be able to get a variety of them. Check out the reviews of customers who have used them before you and ensure that, you get the right one for you.
Grille guards are very essential for your truck as it will enhance your truck’s durability and looks. I hope that I have been able to help you in making your choice when shopping for a truck grille guard.